Chris Mann (D)
- Former police officer.
- Prosecutor within the Wyandotte County District Lawyer’s Workplace.
- Served as Kansas Advisory Board Chair in 2011.
- Served as Nationwide Board of Administrators for M.A.D.D. (Moms Towards Drunk Driving) for six years.
- Served as a prosecutor for the Kansas Securities Fee, the place he helped shield Kansans towards white collar criminals.
STANCE ON ISSUES:
- Helps gun possession however advocates for gun security
- Prioritizes implementing drunk driving legal guidelines in Kansas
- Helps open report legal guidelines to extend legislative transparency
- Denounces “darkish cash” in elections, which means funding from unknown sources
- Mann’s slogan is “Public Security Not Politics”
- Helps the Second Modification apart from violent offenders
- Helps taxing the wealthy
Well being Care
Kris Kobach (R)
- Accomplished undergraduate research in authorities at Harvard College
- Acquired Ph.D. in politics from the College of Oxford
- Acquired his J.D. from Yale Regulation Faculty
- White Home Fellowship recipient from President George W. Bush
- Elected Kansas Secretary of State in 2010
Stance on Points:
- Towards gun bans
- Helps deterring unlawful immigration and denounces presence of undocumented residents
- Helps Second Modification
- Deal with deterring drug cartels from crossing the southern border with doubtlessly harmful substances
- Pushes to decrease gross sales and revenue taxes
- Endorses a firmer dealing with of native property taxes
- Earlier marketing campaign largely centered on restoring the Brownback tax plan for Kansans
Well being Care
- Signed a compact in 2015 to take away Kansas from the Reasonably priced Care Act
- Opposed the enlargement of Medicaid
- Intends to defund Deliberate Parenthood
Editor’s notice: Kris Kobach was incorrectly listed because the incumbent within the print version. Kobach served as the previous secretary of state, however has not held workplace because the legal professional normal. The Collegian apologizes for this error and any confusion it could have brought about.
Rebecca Robinson introduced as subsequent CEO of Ok-State Innovation Companions
Aggieville development paused due to investor withdrawal
Excessive fireplace hazard: What it means and the way to keep protected